Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Surprise, surprise, surprise......

....here I am.  I wanted so much to be diligent in blogging but to no avail, I have not.  As I was thinking, a verse came to mind:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you." ~I Peter 5:8-10

These verses probably have nothing to do with what I'm thinking so I'm not even sure why it came to mind, but I was thinking how I was doing this; meaning it seemed that I was going to and fro but yet not getting anything done that I could see.

As I was pondering on why I just can't or feel that I can't take the time to do so--blogging for the reason I started it:
"....the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour...." and when I looked it up to make sure I was quoting correctly, I got to thinking of the beginning of it, "Be sober, be vigilant..."  Am I being sober and vigilant (being serious about being watchful--my conclusion after looking up the meanings of these words from the concordance in my Bible and a dictionary) against sin and temptation.  Have I been falling into temptation of not being "...steadfast in faith knowing..." to be firm to accomplish my purpose (again, my conclusion of the meaning) of blogging even though I know how easy it is to fall prey when I felt lead to do this blogWhat I need to do is hold on to God's promise "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, secure you." That the times I fail/fall it can be used for good, to conform me into his image (see Romans 8:28-29), to show me truth, to make me stronger, give me freedom from anxiety (combination of paraphrase meanings and my conclusion).

How often are we all guilty of being so busy that we fail to do what it is God wants us to do; missing the many rewards and blessings from him, if we would have only just slowed down.  Yes, as women, (no matter the responsibilities we have, whether little or much, whether we are single, married, a stay at home wife, a stay at home mom with one or more children, working or nonworking women with or without children--I think I covered it all.  Oh yeah, can't forget being a grandma), whatever "phase" we are in life, we are just plain busy.  I think I might have mentioned it before, if  priorities are in the right order, there would be time to do all of our responsibilities as well as doing what God would want us to do and still have time to do all the "extras" (ex. hobbies) our hearts desire to do.

Like I said, I'm not sure why these specific verses came to mind but thought I'd share them.  I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts, especially if you think I have taken these verses out of context.  That's what I like about God's Word.  There's one meaning but many applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment