Friday, April 2, 2010

A Time of Remembrance

I hope all has taken this whole week to remember (as I have) what Jesus had done for us on the cross:  shed his blood for our sins & died; buried for 3 days & nights; then rose from the dead and is now living again!
Around most of the world today, many are abserving (Good Friday) the death and resurrection of Christ. I know that no one knows the exact time of year that this happened, but I hope everyone realize that it is impossible for Christ to have died on a Friday and rose again on a Sunday because it says in the Bible that He was buried for 3 days and 3 nights.  I can never understand why it's called Good Friday (the day to remember when he died) and that on Sunday remember that he rose again.  I think it's wrong to observe Good Friday because it confuses many as they come to believe that this is the "time frame" that it all happened.


You know, I think it's great that many are taking this time to remember Christ's death and resurection but I think it's a shame that many does not take the time to remember what he did EVERY DAY. I know, that I include myself in this "group". I mean, I do live for God and try to do what he would have/want me to do each day; but to actually take the time to know/remember what he did for my sins and everyone else's sins too..... I think if we all did remember this every day that maybe there would be more of us that would be concerned for others; to go out and witness more so others would come to realize the love of God and the need for Christ as their Saviour.


If you haven't done so already this week; to those that have accepted Christ as their Saviour as I have:


Take the time to remember how God loved us so much and gave his ONLY begotten Son to die on the Christ for our sins. And to realize how no one deserves this free gift but God loved all of us so much and did not/does not want any to perish in hell but to live eternally with him in heaven. Because He cannot face sin he gave a way for us to have our sins forgiven that we may have life eternal in heaven with him. Then thank and praise God for this unselfish free gift.


For those that have not: Accept this free gift before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment