Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Part I The Pursuit of God

I apologize for taking so long in getting back to blogging.  Spring is in the air and along comes Spring Cleaning!  I started last month but since I have to take it easy, it takes longer than usual.  Needless to say I should be done soon so now am taking some time to get back.

"A Woman After God's Own Heart" is divided up into 3 Parts.  Some of the chapters are lengthly and divided into subparts so may take more than one day for me to write down my "review" for each chapter.  Please bear with me and I hope you will be blessed as you read this as I have been blessed (again) from reading this book (again).

Chapter 1:  A Heart Devoted to God
"But one thing is needful:
and Mary hath chosen that good part,
which shall not be taken away from her."
~Luke 10:42

A.  A Change of Heart

In I Cor. 5:7 it says "For we walk by faith not by sight"
How much easier is it to trust what we see instead of what we don't see; it IS much harder to trust what we don't see.  That's why we need to adjust our perspective to match God's view of life; which includes the past, present and future.  We need to keep in mind that God knows all things and have the faith to trust that he wants what is best for us.
We should live every day to count now and for eternity; choose to live every day for God; our sole desire.
  • Love Him
  • Worship Him
  • Walk with Him
  • Serve Him
  • Look forward to being with Him in eternity
Psalm 37:4 says "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."
If our perspective matches God's view of life than our desires will be what God would have us to desire.
  • What am I doing to become a woman He wants me to be
  • Give God ALL of my heart and devotion
  • Make Him #1 in all things--the highest priority
No matter how little we think our tasks/responsibilities we do/have in our daily life, it ALL counts if we face it with our heart devoted to God.
I've learned that it's a choice whether I do so or not.  It's a choice NOT to make my choices by what has happened or is happening in my life but by what God wants in my life.
It's MY choice whether or not I'm going to see things from God's perspective and have the faith that he knows what is best for me--no matter what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment