Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Woman After God's own Heart

I read this book (by Elizabeth George) recently and am now reviewing it and thought I'd put my thoughts on my blog.  There are chapters on how as a woman, wife, or mother, can pursue God's priorities with our husbands, children, in our home, in our walk with God and in our ministry.  We can find a life as a woman after God's own heart.

"A Word of Welcome"

In the Bible, I Samuel 13:14 it says about David "the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart".  It's amazing that with all of David's "mistakes" and wrong doings that God still considered David as a man after his own heart.  It just goes to show that we don't have to be "perfect" to be a person after God's heart. After all, David had a husband killed so he could have his wife for his own.  He wasn't the greatest parent.  He didn't always consult God before taking action (how many of us are guilty of this?  I know I am).  Now if  "the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart" like a man like David with all of his "mistakes"--it's obvious he wasn't perfect--who's to say that we can't try our best to be a woman after God's own heart.

For to do so is something we cannot do without desiring (wanting) to or without God's help.  Some of these chapters do refer to being a wife and mother but I do believe that they still can help a woman that isn't married or have children that do desire to be a woman after God's own heart.

I hope you will join me as I tell you about my journey on learning about what I learned how I can be a woman after God's own heart.  As I review this book I will just be writing down my own thoughts, comments and what I had learned.  Don't take my word on what I say but to find it for yourself what God says in his Word.

Again, don't hesitate to let me know what you think if you have any comments of your own.

1 comment: