Friday, March 19, 2010

You're invited to take a trip

I'm sorry I haven't been diligent in posting my "review" as when I said I would but I've had a couple of "bad days" and not feeling well on top of that.  For those that are reading my blog, I hope that you will understand and be patient with me.

While reading (a fiction book, no less!) I came across a verse: 
"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." ~Jeremiah 29:13

I got to thinking that before anyone can be a person after God's own heart that they must find him and see their need for him as their personal Saviour for themselves FIRST.
I mean how can anyone be a woman (person) after God's own heart if we don't KNOW him; meaning, have come to the point that we realize we are sinners and believe what he did for us on the cross, then to accept him as our Saviour so that we may have life eternal with him in heaven.  I don't mean to just know it in our heads but to believe in our hearts of the need of him and accept it.
I came to the conclusion that before I can actually start telling y'all about what I have learned/my "review", that first I should take you on a "trip" down the Roman's Road (there may be some "detours" but basically it all leads to the same "destination").  If you haven't been "down this road" and "finish the trip" completely, I pray that you realize your need to do so.  Since I am making this simple, if you have any questions, please email me personally and I will answer.

ALL HAVE SINNED
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. ~Romans 3:10
....there is none that doeth good, no not one. ~Romans 3:12b
None of us is "good".  Not a single one of us.
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" ~Romans 3:23
ALL-That's every single one of us that has been born into this world.
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."~Romans 5:5
He gave us a way "out".  Please contine on and I'll tell you more.

THE PENALTY FOR SIN IS DEATH AND HELL
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
Wages = death (being separated from God forever) in hell  Accepting God's gift = eternal life in heaven

JESUS DIED TO PAY FOR OUR SINS
"For God so loved the world, that he GAVE his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him (Jesus) should not perish but have everlasting life."~John 3:16
"But God commendeth (proved) his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." ~Romans 5:8
To show how he loves us; he first gave, then died.

JESUS INVITES YOU TO BE SAVED TODAY
To have God's gift is to just accept his Son as our Saviour.
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:  if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." ~Revelation 3:20
"And this is the record that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hat not life." ~I John 5:11-12

It's easy to accept his gift of eternal life so you won't have to pay if you don't.
"That if thou shalt CONFESS with thy MOUTH the Lord Jesus, and shalt BELIEVE in thine HEART that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
"For whosover shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." ~Romans 10:9, 10, 13

Each and every one of us need to do this in order to receive his gift of eternal life.  If you haven't already and this is what you want to do, you may say a prayer something like this:
Dear Lord, I confess that I am a guilty sinner and that I need to be saved.  I believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay my sin debt.  Please forgive my sins, come into my heart, and save my soul.

Just remember that it's NOT the words that save you.  It's the confession AND the believing that does.  If you JUST SAY the words (without truly confessing and believing), just thinking that you'll be "safe" now, then you aren't/will not be saved.
Also, you CAN'T say this "prayer" for any one else, whether living or dead.  EACH and EVERY person need to do this for themselves.
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." ~John 3:36

The wonderful thing is that once you've accept His free gift is that you NEVER have to do it again, IF you truly confessed and believe.
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." ~I John 5:13

I do have a passion for all to know Christ as their Personal Saviour so if I seem to come across "strong" then it's because I want every one to know their need for Him because I know what is in store for them if they don't and I don't want any one to have to go through that (in hell) for eternity.  
My prayer is that whoever reads this, that haven't already, will realize their need for Christ.

By the way, I'm usually not on the computer on the weekends so I probably won't be adding to my blog again until next week.  Besides, it'll give you a chance to think and ponder about whether or not you are truly saved.  Don't make the same mistake I did; thinking I was already saved.  I was trusting in someone else's word that I was when I wasn't.  It still bring tears to my eyes to think that if I never, FINALLY, admitted that I wasn't saved and was trusting someone's else's word instead of trusting Christ as my Saviour MYSELF (you can read my testimony if you haven't already).  Don't wait until it's too late as I could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment